Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to Rosny this Saturday evening


Sorry everyone I can't seem to get this picture the right way up!!! Just reminding everyone about the events coming up on Saturday. And a reminder that Miriam would love to hear from everyone their feelings and thoughts about Relief Society - a few sentences is fine. Below are a sample of what some of the sisters have written already:-

Through Relief Society I have developed many talents that probably would have lane dormant otherwise
Yvonne

Wherever I go in the world, I know I will feel welcome in Relief Society.
Jill

A Roomful of Memories.
For me, this is a very special room; not just that it has been an extension of our home for over more than forty years, but that it holds so many treasured memories.
In this room I have learned to quilt, make and mend clothes, create Christmas decorations, how to grow a garden, to raise plants (and children) together with dozens of things I would not have thought possible forty years ago. I have learned how to be thrifty, how to educate myself and family, how to be self-sufficient, how to help others and to put into practice all those things which Jesus Christ taught during His time on this earth and which I have been taught in this room.
Equally so, and perhaps even more important has been the love and fellowship which I have felt here. Here, long-term friendships have been formed and nurtured through the years. These friendships have endured through many years, when Charity (The pure love of Christ) has been freely offered and thankfully received.
This room has spectacular views in a visual sense, but to me it represents an eternal view of what God has in store for us.

Diana

No comments: