Thursday, March 12, 2009

What happened on Sunday

Photo courtesy of Flickr
Hi Sisters,

I have no clue what happened at church on Sunday as I was up north. I'm sure it was very quiet without the youth at church but they were being very faithful and diligent attending church, workshops, a satellite fireside, then a fireside and testimony meeting (there was of course also food!) on the Sabbath. I was able to attend their fireside and testimony meeting on the Sunday evening of Youth Convention (I can't believe I missed the Kenneth Cope satellite link-up session they had a hour or so beforehand!)

Just had to let you all know that we have some wonderful youth in our Ward, some who bore sweet testimonies, and the feeling of unity and love that was amongst the youth of both Stakes has to make us all so grateful to live in beautiful Tasmania and feel confident of the growth of the church because of the calibar of these young people. And the weather was perfect all weekend!!

This is the only photo I could find quickly that has a picture of one of our youth, Nathan enjoying the pool activity on Monday (this photo is courtesy of Lisa King's blog, hope you don't mind me putting it on our RS blog Lisa)

Thank goodness many on the mainland don't realise what a goldmine it is to live in Tassie - we're all glad it's the best kept secret (keep those rumours going guys of us being two-headed and in-bred here in Tassie!!)

1 comment:

The Kings said...

Hi Lindy
I'm more than happy for you to use that pic from my blog! :) You need to be on facebook :) There are heaps of pics from convention on facebook at the moment too.
I have to agree - we are soooo lucky to live in Tasmania, and the youth here are awesome. It was a great convention from everything I have heard.