Sunday, September 27, 2009

Food Storage Supplier

Hi Sisters,

I was recently very pleased to discover a good supplier of food storage items. We've been asked to share bargains when we find them, so I thought I'd pass this find on to all of you. See the link below:

Food lovers on Albert

This store is next to the Montile tile shop, and supplies bulk nuts, beans, lentils, bread mix, dried fruits, spices, oils, pasta, rice, drinking chocolate etc. Not all Australian made, but well priced.

I liked the fact that so many different non-perishables are displayed in a small storefront area (the bulk of the stock is kept out the back) so it was easy to quickly browse with my 3 kids in tow, and not feel that I had missed anything.

Prices are on the website, and you can email or phone an order through ahead of your visit. I bought basmati rice, chickpeas, red kidney beans, walnuts and marshmallows (hey - I did say my kids were with me didn't I?). The store keeper loaded my car for me, and was happy to let my girls use the store bathroom.

Next time I'll also buy some bread mix too. My favorite Leucke rye mix is $25/10Kg bag, so my typical loaf will cost me only $1.25. I'll probably get more basmati rice, as it has a lower glycaemic index than the other varieties. I paid $21/5kg which is cheaper than the supermarkets already, but noticed today that the Alberts website says $80/80kg. An unbelievable bulk bargain if not a misprint.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Thanks for this post Miriam - I have never heard of this place and really appreciate you sharing this information with everyone! Great that the blog is going strong!