Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Recent Stake Leadership Meeting

Have been waiting for a photo of the Stake Relief Society Presidency before we posted this but can't wait any longer. At our recent leadership meeting this song was read to us and we thought you might all like to read it. It is very appropriate for us as Relief Society sisters:-

We are pilgrims on a journey,
And companions on the road,
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load.

I will hold the Christ-light for you
In the night-time of your fear;
I will hold my hand out to you,
Speak the peace you long to hear.

I will weep when you are weeping;
When you laugh I'll laugh wih you;
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through.

When we sing to God in heaven
We shall find such harmony,
Born of all we've known together
Of Christ's love and agony.

Dearest Sister let me serve you,
Let me be as Christ to you;
Pray that I may have the grace to
Let you be my servant too.

(Words from an old English hymn book, adapted slightly by Stake Relief Society)

No comments: