Saturday, December 6, 2008

Remembering Missionaries this month

Elder Page and Elder Payne just about to pick (and eat) some beautiful Tasmanian cherries
Please spare a thought for our missionaries this month - those serving from our Ward and those who are within our Ward boundaries.

It looks like we will be farewelling Elder Payne this week as he has been in our Ward for so long now but hopefully Elder Page will stay and of course his companion will be someone who is new to the area. We know it is Elder Page's first Australian Christmas and it may be for his companion also. Please spare a moment to do something special to help lift their spirits and strengthen them at this special Christmas season when they are so far away from family and friends.
Elder Page just about to eat his first piece of flathead - Elder Payne on the left
We know not all sisters can invite the missionaries to share a meal with them in their homes but hopefully we can all do something to make this Christmas special and memorable for them.

I know how grateful I was (and am) to those who feed, cared for and loved my sons when they were serving their missions, particularly at Christmas time.

Let's give our missionaries a good Aussie Christmas.

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

I am Derek Payne's sister. My mother and I would like to thank you for the kindness you have shown to him. He has expressed how much he likes the people in Tasmania and the members of the Rosny ward. I am glad that you have welcomed him in with warm hearts and I thank you.

Mary-Anne said...

You have inspired me Lindy! Won't be to long until it is my boys!